Suggestions for enhancing the Spark app

One other enhancement to the app, I’d like to see - since I can’t find the Android source to do it myself - would be some control over the RGB-LED :wink:
I have tested the RGB.control/.color with my own extention to the original application.c, but to control it via the Android app I had to sacrifice three PWM pins.
If there would be three more analogWrite “pins” added to the app - or even a color picker area (with a means to de/activate RGB.control seperately) in the unused area between the pin symbols - that would add some value to that app.

One other minor problem I see in the app is, that the analogWrite sliders seem not to be draggable anymore once the value gets set to 255. In this case you’d first have to tap a value less than 255, which causes the slider to disappear. Whe you then open the slider again, it works again. Can anybody see this behaviour, too - or is it just on my device (HTC HD2 with Android 4.0.3 Cryogen ROM).

Another cool feature would be an option to “continually” send analogWrites while dragging the sliders, despite the cloud lag and the risk to overwhelm the cloud, it would still be interesting to see continous rainbow colors on the RGB while moving the finger over the phone.

Edit:
One other thing I’d like to see changed: When using my Android phone as AP via WiFi tether I can’t use the same phone to config the Core for its SSID, since the app complains that WiFi has to be on on the phone. But it is on - only in AP mode and not as client.
I suppose that the actual config work would not have to be changed but only the WiFi check that prevents the config to start.

1 Like