Leveraging Arduino

@zach & @zachary
As I’ve been fiddling a bit with your Online-IDE I’d like to make some suggestions:

When there are build errors, the link to the error list disappears after a short while, if not immediately clicked and even when you do, the list seems to disappear for good once you have clicked back into the code view - It would be good, if there was a permanent button on the left to show the last build results.

Since there are still a good number of warnings from the framework, it would also be good if there was an option to hide/show warnings.

Whenever the build result view disappears, the code view does seem to still be restricted to the area that it had while the build results were visible - at least in Chrome on Win8.1 this is the case.

I had it twice, that after saving my sketch, the code reverted back to the previously saved state - loosing all changes since (at least in Chrome).

As for the full support of Arduino/Wiring (see https://community.spark.io/t/using-the-spark-core-as-a-hid/70/2) I came accross some differences in the implementation of the two (e.g. splitString(), signbit() and even the type string [error: ‘string’ was not declared in this scope] don’t exist where they do in wiring).
Since I tried to use these Wiring functions and got errors, I’d suspect that your IDE only supports Arduino rather than both. Maybe it would be possible to implement the superset of both. If this isn’t possible in time, the fact should at least be stated more clearly.

It would also be good to have a list of already implemented and in Online-IDE available libraries, include files, keywords, … (maybe just as a link to the Arduino reference, for the time being - till you come round to it).

1 Like