[TELL SPARK!] Feedback on Local IDE and Cloud development tools

When it comes to developing software I have a preference for local development. I work at home with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 for leisure projects but I find that a rather intimidating IDE and use only the most necessary things. The other stuff Microsoft build in is wasted money. I hope the Spark Dev will never be like that.

The simple Arduino development IDE is just too basic.

I love the Purebasic IDE. Everything you need is present and it rocks. You can download a free example. I use this compiler for mor than 10 years for special developments and it is multi platform.

The PICAXE programming editor (students at schools) is good example of an IDE that gives sufficient tools for programming your PIC chip. Here you can simulate your program (interpretor).

Professionally at work I use the whole day the build-in VBA IDE’s of Microsoft Office programs mostly Excel. Setting breakpoint and letting me examine the variable I use are more than sufficient.

Now and then I use the Microchip MPLAB X IDE to develop a simple program for a pic controller. I love what this IDE brings but is already going into the intimidating direction.

I like the idea of a Spark Dev IDE with a switchable Novice/Advanced/Super User IDE setting.

Bottomline is “Keep it simple, but smart”.